Thursday, March 5, 2015

Fabric Bowls

These fabric bowls are fairly easy to make, you just need a little patience. They are a good way to use up any fabric scraps that you may have. I used the orange, plastic bowl in the second photo as a mold. The straight sides made it easier to detach the bowl that I made. So, give some thought to what you choose as your mold. I coated the bowl with a fairly thick layer of petroleum jelly. I cut a circle of fabric that would fit the bottom of the bowl and strips of fabric that were the right size for the sides. I coated the back of the fabric with Elmer's glue and lay them on my mold, starting with the circle for the bottom. The strips should all overlap slightly. After the fabric dried, I coated the entire outside with several layers of Modpodge. After it was completely dry, I removed my new bowl from the mold.

3 comments:

  1. Fabric mache lol lots of possibilities here, a great idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids will love this. We have that same bowl too - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea to use all those tiny pieces of fabric that are too small to use for anything else.

    ReplyDelete