Monday, September 12, 2016

Make an Owl Costume

Sometimes folks who buy my masks will ask me for suggestions on making a costume that will go with their purchase. So I decided to put together this simple tutorial about making a child's owl costume that is simple and inexpensive and does not require any sewing. Three plusses as far as I'm concerned.
I picked up a long sleeved tee shirt and some felt for the wings.
I made a pattern for the wings.
Traced the wing pattern onto the felt and cut out the wings.
Used Tacky Glue to attach the wing to the sleeve and side of the shirt. Naturally, if you sew, that would be an even better option!
Cut some felt designs out to mimic feathers.
Adhered with Tacky Glue and added some detail with this very easy-to-use fabric paint.
My masks are available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment